|Your favorite vegetarian Thai meals explained |
- 2 cakes of yellow tofu
- 300 grams ricestraw mushrooms
- 5 chillies
- 10 gloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup holy basil leaves
- 2 spur chillies
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 tbsp water
- Pound the chillies, garlic cloves and salt in a mortar until ground
- wash the mushrooms and cut them into halves
- cut each tofu cake into quarters and cut those quarters into thin slices
- heat the oil over medium heat and when hot, fry the tofu until golden
- remove all but app. 3 tbsp of the oil and fry the chillie - garlic mixture until fragrant.
- add the mushrooms and tofu and stir and turn for a minute
- add the water and cook until tender
- slice the spur chillies and add them together with the basil leaves
- Season to taste with soy sauce and suger.
- Serve the Pad Krapao Tho-Hu sai Hed hot.