|Your favorite vegetarian Thai meals explained |
- 200 grams green Asparagus
- 1 sweet potato
- 200 grams angel mushrooms
- 200 grams union rings
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 dried chillies
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 3 peeled shallots
- 3 bulbs of peeled garlic
- Pound the spice mixture ingredients in a mortar until ground evenly.
- Peel the potato and cut all the vegetables into 2 x 1 cm parts.
- Mix the 2 flours with the coconut milk and add the spice mixture
- Wash, clean and slice the mushrooms in half.
- Split the batter in four portions, one for each of the vegetables and make certain the entire piece of vegetable is covered in the batter.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry manageable sized portions until golden brown.
- Serve the Phak Chup peang Thod with a sweet sauce