|Your favorite vegetarian Thai meals explained |
- 6 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 chinese white cabbage (pak choy, phak sobon)
- 200 grams rice straw mushrooms
- 1 yellow tofu cake
- 1 red spur pepper
- 1 tsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp. oil
- Cut 4 of the shiitake mushrooms in half and slice the remaining 2 pcs. in to thin layers.
- wash the chinese white cabbage and put them as a bottom layer on a plate.
- mix the rice straw mushroom and the tofu with 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce.
- Place the half shitake heads on the bed of white cabbage and place the mixture on top of the mushroom heads.
- mix the pepper, remaining light and dark soy sauce and flour with 1 tbsp of water and stir well.
- place this mixture as a second layer on the mushrooms.
- shred the spur pepper and place 1 shred on top of the mixture on the mushrooms.
- place the plate over hot water and steam for 25 minutes.
- remove the Het Hom Rad Sod from heat and serve hot.