|Your favorite vegetarian Thai meals explained
- 100 gram flat rice noodles
- 2 shiitake mushrooms
- 4 vegetarian shrimp
- yellow tofu
- 1 tbsp. shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp. dried, pickled chinese radish
- 1 chinese kale
- 1 tbsp. ground roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Wash all vegetables well.
- Cut the kale into short lengths and remove hulls and root tips from the bean sprouts.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat and add the shiitake mushrooms, radish, kale and carrot and stir fry for several minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to stir fry until done.
- Serve the Pad Thai with lime wedges, ground roasted peanuts and bean sprouts.