|Your favorite vegetarian Thai meals explained
- 1 cup rice straw mushrooms
- 1 cup angel mushrooms
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 tomato
- 3 lemon grass stems cut into 1 cm parts
- 1/2 cup of galangal slices
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 bush chopped coriander
- 9 bird chilies
- 6 cups of coconut milk
- Clean and wash the mushrooms and cut in half.
- Wash cabbage and tomato and cut into bite sized chunks.
- Place the coconut milk in a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil, while
- Add the galangal, lemon grass, torn kaffir leaves and boil for a minute.
- Add cabbage, mushrooms and tomato, and use salt, sugar and the chilli
to season to taste.
- Before serving hot, sprinkle with coriander.
- Add the crisp fried chillies or crushed fresh chilies and sprinkle with
chopped spring onion.
- Serve the Tom Kha Het hot.