|Your favorite vegetarian Thai meals explained
- 300 grams spring roll sheets
- 25 grams bean noodles
- 1 cup mashed, boiled, hulled mungbeans
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts (remove root tips)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. of boiled flour-water mixture
- vegetable oil
- Soak the noodles in water to soften them; then cut them into short lengths
and mix with the mashed mungbeans, cabbage, bean sprouts, pepper and soy
- Fry the garlic in 1 tbsp. vegatable oil on low heat. When it yellows,
add the noogle-mungbean mixture and stir fry it until it's dry. Remove the
pan to cool.
- Spread outa springroll sheet, place about 1 1/2 tsp of the filling in
the middle, fold the end over the filling, roll to vorm a cylinder and use
some of the flour paste to stick the end close.
- Fry the spring rolls in hot oil on low heat until they are golden brown.
- Drain the PoPia Thod and serve with spring roll sauce.